SpiritBeautyLounge.com was founded as a place to shop online for the best in ethical, sustainable and organic beauty and lifestyle products. The company was launched as a one-stop shop for high quality organic and sustainable beauty products from companies with clearly defined humane, ethical, and environmental policies that equal or outperform their conventional department store counterparts.
At Spirit Beauty Lounge, new products in consideration are tested and scored based on our 6P scoring system.
- Product packaging is 100% biodegradable, reusable or recyclable Making landfill is unacceptable.
- Product is not tested on animals.
- Product does not contain animal ingredients. **Some exceptions, e.g. humane organic milk, beeswax.
- Product line does not contain any of these ingredients. Please note: ALL of the products in your line must be free of the ingredients listed or NONE of the products will be considered.
- Eythyl, Methyl, Propyl & Butyl Parabens
- Propylene glycol
- Synthetic fragrance
- PEGs (Polyethylene Glycol)*
- Free Nano particles
- Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) and butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT)
- Petroleum or petrolatum
- Coal tar
- DEA (Diethanolamine)
- TEA (Triethanolamine)
- Urea (Diazolidinyl or Imidazolidinyl urea)
- DMDM hydantoin
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate
- Tetrasodium EDTA
- Disodium EDTA
and the 6Ps:
- Performance: a product should do what it promises and do it well!
- Potency: Products must be formulated ensure the preservation of ingredient potency.
- Purity: Products must contain the highest possible percentage of organic or biodynamic, active ingredients without impurities from extraction or processing.
- Provenance: Ingredient origins must be known and must be sustainable.
- Principles: Your company must be: independently owned, ethical, charitable, responsible and consistent. We prefer to support only companies who are dedicated to making safe, green, ethical products company-wide.
- Packaging: Packaging must be beautifully and uniquely designed. We prefer a high-end, glamorous look. Anything that makes your packaging especially beautiful or unique is especially appreciated.
In addition, where applicable, we review information regarding all aspects of manufacturing and production to ensure that products are manufactured, sourced, and transported with minimal environmental impact.
When all ingredients requirements are met, the most common reasons products are not selected are:
1. Packaging and Presentation: We are a boutique who specializes in items that are "Beautiful inside and out." As much care and consideration should be put into the packaging or presentation of your product as is put into the ingredients. We know it's hard for small start-up companies to be able to invest in high-end packaging but even a lovely typeface on a label can make your product shine. We select products whose packaging quality is in line with that of other lines one would find in a boutique or department store.
2. Demand or Saturation: Although we're always open to exceptional additions, if your product is too similar to one or several products we already carry, or if it is already widely available in other stores and websites, it may not be added or may not be added until a later date.
3. Company Ethics or Lack of Sourcing Information: We not only look for ethical and sustainable products, we look for ethical and sustainable companies. We want to see how your values apply throughout all of your product lines and company operations. Does your company give back?
In the same sense, we would like to know as much about your sources and we like to know about your final product. If we request information about an ingredient source and the information we request is not available, we may choose not to add the product.
NOTE: At this time, all skin, hair and body care products must contain CERTIFIED ORGANIC ingredients.
To submit your product(s) for consideration, please read the following:
The first and most important step in introducing your product to us is submitting complete ingredients decks. Your product must pass our ingredient review before any other factors are considered. Please email only, do not send paper unless requested. Send your ingredient listings to:
Next, you will need to provide images of your actual product(s) in their retail packaging, either by a link to your website, or as an email attachment.
Please DO NOT send product samples unless we request them.
Once we have reviewed and approved your product(s) for sample review, if we request a sample, please send at least one full-size, retail packaged product. If we are interested in your product(s), we must see the true packaging, not just samples.
Thank you so much for your interest in being our retail partner. We look forward to hearing from you!